Objective: Share experiences, (the good, the bad and the ugly) about what Scrum did for the organization and the Internet in short term and long term.
The RIPE NCC is a Regional Internet Registry; being a non-profit monopolist, the organisation has quite a unique position in the world. The organisation's Software Engineering department now works with Scrum for almost 2 years.
Intended audience: Basically anyone interested in hearing experience report on what Scrum can do for your organization.
1. RIPE NCC Case Study
- Who are we, RIPE NCC and Xebia
- What was the problem
- Why Scrum and Agile
2. Introducing Scrum
- How did we start
- What were the biggest problems and how did we solve them
- What were the biggest mistakes we made
- What were the biggest successes – The Internet is rescued!
3. Cultural Effect
- What effect did Scrum had on the team
- What effect did Scrum had on Management
- What effect did Scrum had on the end user or client
Format and length: Presentation, approx 1 hour, including questions