Mirror, mirror on the wall... Why me?
Snow White and the Seven Dwarves Kanban game
- Learn about how you interact with other people
- Become more effective in working with others
- Learn to build effective teams by recognizing and using the strengths and weaknesses of (prospective) team members
- Those who want to become more effective team members
- Those who build and improve teams
Snow White and the Seven Dwarves Kanban is a mini-adventure of self-discovery to improve personal effectiveness. Here’s your chance to improve the way you communicate by developing a better understanding of others and of yourself. The mirror will show you your real ability in working with others. Once you and your colleagues know more about yourselves, you can use the game to create teams where everybody plays to their strengths and help one another address each other’s weaknesses.
Through detailed consideration of what you think of others and why, you will gain new insights into who you are. You will also develop a clearer understanding of who you want to be. Once you’ve identified possible areas for self-improvement, you can choose to change and become more effective in the way you work, both on your own and with others.
By knowing the strengths of different types of people, you will be able to build well-balanced teams that play to the strengths of everyone in the team. And because you will recognise weaknesses, you will know where the team can improve.
This session is run as a two-part game:
- Looking into the Mirror: Find out how you see other people and what that tells you about yourself. Identify actions for personal improvement.
- Build Your Own Agile Fairytale Team: Build a team of complementary fairytale characters to give your project a happy ending.
Other tools that complement this game include Belbin Team Roles and Myers-Briggs Type Indicator.
Format and length: 90 min simulation/game/workshop